Homeopathic remedies for asthma are effective, proven to be useful in asthma and a holistic system of medicine, which boosts the natural tendency of the body to heal itself.
Asthma is a common disease worldwide which can even be fatal. Homeopathic remedies are effective, proven to be useful in asthma and a holistic system of medicine, which boosts the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. However you should preferably take homeopathic remedies after consultation with a homeopathic physician.
[Read: Natural Remedies for Asthma]
Homeopathic Medicines for Asthma
Several homeopathic remedies are valuable for treatment of asthma. In an acute attack of asthma it is recommended that you seek the care of a professional. The homeopathic remedies can reduce the frequency and intensity of future asthma attacks after the acute attack is over.
Some of the medications commonly used in the management of asthma are
- Arsenicum album (arsenic): It is a commonly used remedy in patient with an acute asthma attack. It is generally used in patients with fearfulness, restlessness, weakness, and aggravation of the symptoms at or after midnight.
- House dust mite (house dust mite): In patients allergic to house dust mite, a homeopathic dose of it is frequently useful. As allergy to house dust mite is common in people with asthma it is considered as an important remedy for an acute attack of asthma.
- Spongia (roasted sponge): In people with asthma who have dry wheezing and little or no phlegm in the chest this drug is useful. This kind of asthma starts after exposure to cold or after a person develops a cold. The cough in these patients is usually dry barking or croupy cough.
- Lobelia (Indian tobacco): This is a useful medicine for people with a typical asthma attack with wheezing (that includes a feeling of constriction in the chest, and short, dry coughs).
[Read: Treatment for Asthma]
- Sambucus nigra (elder): This is a useful medicine for people with symptom of suffocation with wheezing, especially if the symptoms are worse at or after midnight, when lying down, or when exposed to cold air
- Ipecacuanha (ipecac root): In people with asthma who have a great deal of phlegm in the chest this remedy is useful.
- Antimonium tartaricum (tartar emetic): It is useful at extreme of ages (children and the elderly) who have loose, rattling respiration, both on inspiration and expiration.
Chamomilla (chamomille), Bryonia (white bryony), Kali bichromicum (bichromate of potash), Nux vomica (poison nut) are some of the other commonly used remedies in patients with asthma. Clinical trials have shown that homeopathic medicines are effective in treating this disease.
[Read: Natural Ways to Prevent Asthma]
Caution with Homeopathy
Asthma is a serious disease which needs proper attention of a professional homeopath. Homeopathic remedies can help to control symptoms in chronic asthma. However if you are taking conventional medicines, reductions in allopathic medication should be made after consultation with your allopathic doctor or consultant. Most of the homeopathic medicines do not interact with allopathic drugs. But if you are taking allopathic medication do not treat yourself with homeopathic remedies, consult a professional homeopath.
Read more articles on Asthma
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.