Home Remedies for Low Libido
Low libido affects us all at some stage, or to some degree, but it is a manageable complaint. When the right steps are taken, it's hardly an issue.
Low libido affects us all at some stage, or to some degree, but it is a manageable complaint. It can be quite worrying at times, but it’s not at all unnatural to go through periods of having a low sex drive. Certain factors can induce it, but these can all be remedied – in the short-term – using a variety of methods, but it shouldn’t be a long term issue for you.
[Read: Solutions for Low Libido in Men]
Maintaining a balanced diet - with plenty of fruit, vegetables and water – is par for the course when it comes to any health condition or sexual complaint. However, there are some foods, which have a reputation for increasing libido.
- Whether it’s cliché or not, oysters have the components to stimulate your sexual senses. They are the “go to” aphrodisiac historically when you’re feeling low; they’re loaded with zinc which increases the sperm count and testosterone levels, and the critical hormone dopamine, which is linked to hyper-sexuality.
- Celery contains androsterone, which acts as a pheromone for women, i.e. they become sexually aroused by it.
- The traditional banana is rich in potassium, but it’s also loaded with vitamin B supplements which increase energy levels, and bromelain enzymes which are linked to sex-drive.
- Avocados are weighted with folic acid, which boosts energy levels and gets the mind and the body right for sex.
- Eggs - which are laden with vitamins B5 and B6 - and various types of nuts promote the production of hormones.
[Read: Foods that improve Sexual Health]
- Grind equal quantities of black gram, rice wheat and long pepper; fry this in pure ghee and cook it with milk. Add some sugar to it before eating.
- Create a mixture of triphala powder and water, before adding a spoon if pure honey; take this in the morning.
- Place a teaspoon of honey into a glass of milk; it really helps to drive the immune system, giving a feeling of vitality and energy.
- Meditation, yoga or listening to soft music.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and soft drugs.
[Read: Tips to Revive Sex Drive]
- Manage your stress levels; if you are feeling drained and worn out, then a low sex-drive is a natural consequence of this.
- Talk to your partner about it, maybe s/he can help.
- You could try holistic treatments, which help to stimulate a low sex-drive. Herbs have been used as sexual healers through the ages; two of which are Smilax (Sarsaoarilla) and Eleutherociccus Senticosis (Siberian Ginseng). However, it may be worth speaking to a holistic expert before you try any of these on your own.
Read more articles on Home Remedies
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 02, 2013
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.