Sun-Damaged Skin Treatment - The home remedies for Sunburn help the affected person to easily get back to normal. It is important because sunburn can cause unprecedented damage to your skin, especially during the summer.
Sunburn can cause unprecedented damage to your skin, especially during the summer. Several treatments - such as chemical peeling and dermatology processes - can cause allergic reactions to hypersensitive skin. You can get sunburn from sea bathing, swimming, or frequent exposure to the sun during outings. Treatment of sunburn can be done at home, but you will need to pull out the regular raw materials from your kitchenette to follow the home remedies mentioned below.
- Do not use soaps that are harsh on your skin. Use exfoliating face washes or homemade paste made of pomegranate seeds and honey at night. This cleanses your skin gently and the moisture in honey does not dry your skin. Dry skin - when exposed to sunrays - has a tendency to burn.Do not use milk or oily products on the sunburnt area. This adds to skin pigmentation.
- Keep the area clean, covered and dry. Affected areas should not be exposed to sunrays.
- Dabbing watermelon juice with a clean cotton ball helps in reducing the itch caused by sunburns.
- Using tea bags with cucumber slices not only reduces the intensity of the sunburn but also heals the scars faster.
- Add rose water and a few drops of sandalwood oil to your bathing water.
- Aloe vera gel is the most widely used natural herb to heal sunburn.
- Apply plenty of sunscreen lotion at least 15 to 20 minutes before exposing yourself to the sunrays. Reapply after every five hours if you are still being exposed.
- Zergul oil and ghrita kumari oil, widely available in herbal stores, also soothe sunburnt skin. But be cautious to always consult a herbal specialist - or the store manager - for basic instructions before using them.
- Grate and sieve the juice of one onion and apply to the affected area.
- Sunburn occurs because of overexposure to the harmful sunrays. This destabilises the DNA arrangements in the body leading to skin irritations and purple blotching. Sunburn causes irreparable damage, but the application of cool oatmeal - soaked in water - reduces skin irritations and is one of the remedies recommended by doctors.
- Lettuce leaves can be boiled for 10 to 15 minutes and the water applied to the affected parts. Boiled lettuce water has medicinal properties to prevent further sun damage on the skin.
- Apart from that, mix whipped curd in a cup and add two capsules of Vitamin E and leave it on until it dries up. Wash it off and see the dark patches lighten.
Read more articles on Sun-Damaged Skin Treatment.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.