Learn how to do the Bikram yoga poses to set enroute good health.
Bikram yoga is regarded as suitable for beginners seeking optimum health or weight loss/managmentl. This intense form of yoga includes 26 sequential postures and 2 breathing exercises for ultimate mind-body unity and relaxation. Bikram Yoga beginners need not worry about the intensity of the poses, as continuous practice will make them simpler to do because your body will begin to accommodate the strain each yoga pose has upon you.
Bikram Yoga beginners get a magnified appeal on it, as it is performed in a specifically designed hot room (105 degree Fahrenheit) in order to make them sweat. According to Trisha Lamb Feuerstein, Director of research at the Yoga Research and Education Centre, California, Bikram yoga is based on the principle of “no pain no gain” and has gained wide acceptance from most Americans. Bikram yoga aims to provide complete regeneration of body and spirit through holistic healing. Those who’ve just about begun practicing Bikram Yoga are advised to follow the below mentioned tips for a well prepared and concentrated yoga session:
- Look for Bikram yoga class rooms which are heated from 90 to 105 degrees F and about 40 percent humidity.
- Intimate the yoga teacher that you are a new student so that they guide you step by step. Avoid full-length pants and loose t-shirts. Wear clothes that allow your body to perspire.
- Carry other supplies such as water, towels, mat and a sweat band.. Long hair should be Tied in a ponytail.
- Try to reach early for the first few classes, so that you can finish the formalities. To get used to the heat in the room, make sure you reach 15 minutes prior to commencement of yoga classes.
- Drink some water before you start doing the yoga asanas. Sip on some water in between.. Feel free to relax when you are completely out of energy. Kneel down or have some tender coconut water so that you can be back into action within minutes.
- Beginners attending Bikram yoga classes with their friends should avoid talking in the class as it breaks the silence of meditation prevailing in the class room.
- Even if the temperature is too hot, don’t leave the room. Although it may be challenging because experiencing nausea and dizziness is quite apparent but upon experiencing fatigue sit down and try to relax. You body does need time to adapt to such extreme temperature. ,
- Make sure you have your food four hours before the class starts. Heavy meals hinder movements such as bending forward and stretching back.
- It is essential to rest on your back for two minutes after the final breathing exercise.
By following these Bikram yoga tips, beginners can increase their flexibility, prevent illness, control their weight as well as rev up their metabolism.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.