Eyes are one of the most important sensory organs that help to see things. Poor vision can hamper many chores and may make you feel disabled. With age, vision loss is common which is termed age-related macular degeneration. These days, most people are working from home and there are so many issues that they are facing in terms of working on a laptop. So many factors are affecting their eyesight and so, many people are suffering from weak eyesight. There are certain eye exercises that can be done in order to prevent vision loss. Besides, some yoga asanas are also helpful in improving eyesight and stopping chronic vision loss. In this video Yoga expert Grandmaster Akshar is telling some yoga asanas for eyesight improvement. You can practice these to regain stronger eyesight.
1. Bound Angle Pose or Baddha Konasana
- Bend both knees
- Place the soles of your feet together
- Keep your spine straight
- Exhale slowly and bend forward
- Hold the pose for 10 seconds.
- Inhale and lift the upper body up
- Do 3 repetitions.
2. Half Headstand Pose or Bhumi Pada Mastakasana
- Get on the yoga mat on your fours(hand and feet touching the ground)
- Place your hands and the top of your head on the floor.
- Now, tuck the toes under and straighten your legs.
- Gently bring your knees down.
- Stay in Balasana or Child's Pose for some time.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat this 3 times.
3. Standing Split Pose or Padauttanasana
- Lie flat on the back
- Slowly lift your legs up
- Keep your legs loose
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Return to starting position
- Do 5 repetitions.
Watch More Videos on Health Talk