Getting Over a One Night Stand
Get some tips to get over the blues of a one night stand. It is best that you keep away from any emotional hang-ups over the incident.
A one night stand can be a complex affair at times. More often than not, one sees one partner investing more in it than the other. Once the initial euphoria of it wears away, there is the endless period of wait; waiting for a sign or any response. What if, the calls or emails never come? This is when a feeling of rejection and desperation sets in. In such a case you should try out some effective measures which can help in getting over a one night stand, instead.
Useful Tips for Getting Over a One Night Stand
- Boost your own morale. This is the best way to deal with despair and pain. You could also contemplate writing down the feeling you cherish for your own self. This will make you feel wanted and important as well.
- Resort to stress relieving activities. They often make you feel extremely good about yourself. Whereas some would resort to rigorous physical exercise, others could practice their favourite hobby. You could play a musical instrument or just sing out loud. Basically, it should be an activity which provides you with a sense of pleasure.
- Try mediation in order to relax yourself and get over a one night stand. Even short sessions of 10 to 15 minutes per day should be fine. Meditate wherever you feel comfortable. It can be both indoors and outdoors. You can also enrol in proper meditation class and seek the assistance of experts in finding mental peace and well-being.
- This is the time when you would probably want to say a lot of things and express your feelings and emotions through them. Consider writing down all negative feelings instead. When you are done, simply burn up the paper you had written on. This will provide a feeling of flushing out your feelings or doing away with them permanently.
- Despite practicing all of the above, if getting over a one night stand still seems difficult, you should probably seek professional assistance. You could consider meeting psychotherapists or psychiatrists who can help you deal with the problem.
The best way is to refrain from emotional involvement with respect to one night stands. The more involved you are, the tougher it is getting over a one night stand.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Oct 10, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.