Perfect skin is for those who know how to preserve it and those who work hard for it to look ageless. "Beauty problems such as dry, rough skin, acne and oily skin are an outward manifestation of problems inside the body and skin.
Perfect skin is for those who know how to preserve it and those who work hard for it to look ageless.
"Beauty problems such as dry, rough skin, acne and oily skin are an outward manifestation of problems inside the body and skin and a good gauge of internal health. Good health can lead to radiant looks. If you're taking good care of yourself, your body will announce it to the world!," says Veena Aggarwal, Head of research and development at VLCC.
Here are some common skin problems with their nutritional solutions:
Dry, rough skin: It signifies poor intake of water or lack of Vitamin A. Diet should be low in saturated fat, high in essential fatty acids. Drink at least 1 litre of water a day and eat plenty of water- rich foods such as fruits and vegetables, especially yellow/ orange/ red ones which are high in B carotene.
Alcohol and stimulants such as coffee and tea should be limited.
Oily skin: Diet low in fat but sufficient essential oils from seeds, low in alcohol, sugar and stimulants is beneficial. If you want to look good and feel great, invest in the long-term benefits of food that makes a real difference from top to toe.
Essential nutrients for ageless beauty include the following:
- Essential fatty acids found in oily fish help to nourish your skin and add lustre and softness to your complexion. Eat seafood at least three times each week. Ground flaxseeds are an excellent source of omega-three fatty acids.
- Vitamin A is essential for beautiful soft skin. Include plenty of dark oranges and dark green vegetables, all of which are high in vitamin A.
- Vitamin C helps to fight wrinkles and aids in collagen formation. It also plays an important role in healing process. Citrus fruits are all good sources.
- Include nuts and seeds rich in Vitamin E such as hazelnuts, walnuts, etc., as snacks to prevent sagging facial muscles.
- Vitamin B from whole grains, pulses and lean meat aids in new skin cells formation and get rid of that washed out look.
- Zinc found in shellfish, pulses, pumpkin seeds and whole grain cereals helps skin to heal quickly.
- Oils, including flaxseed oil, olive oil and sesame oil can also serve as internal moisturizers.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. Intersperse these with fruit juices, including citrus, apple and pineapple and also vegetable juices, especially carrot, tomato and celery.
Nourish your skin with these simple, vitamin rich treats
SALADS: Enjoy griddled peppers drizzled with olive oil, raw vegetables, salad greens drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled with walnuts, grated carrot with raisins, walnuts and sunflower seeds and lime dressing.
GOLDEN FRUIT: Make a salad of yellow- fleshed fruits such as apricots, oranges, peaches, melon, papaya and mangoes.
SEAFOOD: Choose zinc-rich shellfish such as oysters
SNACKS: Handful of mixed nuts such as walnuts and almonds do wonders.
Image Source: onlymyhealth
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.