Fitness improves your sex life
- Any medical complications is reason enough to have an exercise.
- You can improve your sex life by being fit through exercise.
- Lack of sex can make people disenchanted with life.
- Physical fitness is the ideal way to improve or restart your sex life.
For many health conscious people, the very idea of being fit and free from any medical complications is reason enough to have an exercise and diet regime. For people not as active as them, having a good sex life should certainly be a great motivation. Studies have shown a link between physical inaction and impotency. You can not only improve your sex life by being fit through exercise, but actually make it more fun with some specific drills.
Regardless of the stage of your relationship and your age, physical fitness is essential for great sex life. It is not all about looking hot by having those bulging biceps or the curvaceous fit, great looking body in women. That is just one aspect of fitness for a great sex life, although important enough in itself.
Sex is important for most people and a lack of it can make them disenchanted with life. Regardless of your age or the stage of your relationship, physical fitness is the ideal way to improve or restart your sex life. Other than this, the other benefits of being fit for a healthy sex life are:
How Fitness Improves Your Sex Life
- Increased stamina – The energy built with the fitness regime follows suit in your bedroom. The stamina developed after following the workout regime can be used in your sex life. If you are able to finish a marathon, guess what it says about your ability to have an orgasm! The stamina built due to exercises or any sort of physical activity naturally follows after you unzip yourself in the bedroom.
- Attractive appearance – Being fit makes you more desirable to the opposite sex. The sculpted body renders you more attractive, but that is only one aspect. However, this is good enough motivation for many people.
- Body flexibility – This does not mean you need to be an acrobat to benefit from flexibility. The simple biological processes can turn into passionate urges. This is one of the natural results from increased flexibility and coordination. If you have come across some of the poses depicted in the Kama Sutra, you would know how important a part is played by physical body strength in sexual enjoyment.
- Enhanced sex drive – Exercise and healthy diet produces mood enhancing and stress busting hormones in your body. One of the factors that have a negative influence on the sex drive of people is stress. A lot of physiological changes occur in the body due to exercise, and many hormones that boost sex drive are released. The stress busting hormones that get released indirectly help in whetting your appetite for sex. Incidentally, the fact that stress is the major factor in the life of people who experience a lack of sex drive also scores a point for the benefit of exercise in having a good sex life.
- You know your body better – Having a regular exercise routine nurtures your self confidence and improves the self-worth. This would help you to be more active in the bed with greater awareness of your body. The very feeling of being fit and sexy makes you want to have, and be confident about sex.
- Feeling of well-being – Since exercise improves your feel-good factor, you are naturally more inclined to have sex. The additional thing of note in this is that feeling your mood elevated translates into an optimistic outlook leading to bedroom satisfaction.
- Age factor – You can extend your sex life by following fitness regimes. Men in particular are more likely to desire sex at any stage in their life. University of Chicago conducted a research in which it was found that men are likely to want sex even after their peak days of sexual activity was over. 55 year old men in very good health condition were able to enjoy a better sex life by 3 to 6 years.
Not only does fitness add to your ability to have sex, but sex in turn has been reported to give you several health benefits. So, you have plenty to gain by being fit, be it for having sex or otherwise.
You can build your cardio endurance, muscular endurance, strength and flexibility for having a good sex life. Cardio workouts keep your heart strong and help you enjoy enthusiastic sex. Muscular endurance can be build through basic strength training workouts, and you will need muscle strength to be in unusual positions for short intervals of time. If you challenge your muscles with enough weights, it would not only build bulk (if you are a man), but also give you strength for your act. Stretching and Yoga can help you come into your favourite positions much easily.
Read more articles in Sex & Relationships.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Jun 24, 2016
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.