Egg allergy can be recognised by the following symptoms:
- The allergen in the egg may affect within a short span of time. This might initially result in vomiting.
- Also, nausea and diarrhoea might accompany the symptoms.
- Cramps in the stomach are another sign of gastrointestinal problems due to egg allergy.
- One of the very common symptoms of the allergy is a running nose, accompanied by an itch and even sneezing.
- The eyes become watery and red.
- The consumption of products containing egg such as cakes, egg preparations, custards, etc., cause rashes on the skin, triggered by way of the allergen in the egg.
- These rashes are red in colour and generally, cause itchiness. Once scratched, the itch might increase in intensity.
- Eczema is also a symptom of the disease.
- The lip area, the portion around the mouth also gets affected by the allergen, thereby resulting in a swelling and redness of the area.
Read more articles on Food Allergy