Conditions Causing Sexual Problems: Sexual problems or difficulties during any stage of sexual pursuit are associated with desire, arousal, orgasm and resolution. Know about the conditions that restrict individuals from enjoying sexual entanglemen
There is no specific time that marks beginning of sexual problems in individuals. These problems evolve gradually over time either as a total or partial inability to involve in a sexual activity. Reason behind sexual complications could be physical, psychological, or even both.
Sexual dysfunction disorders, which include desire disorders, arousal disorders, orgasm disorders and pain disorders, also cause sexual problems in men and women. These dysfunctions evolve during adult years, and are common in individuals abusing drugs and alcohol. Moreover, these dysfunctions are more likely to affect individuals suffering from diabetes and degenerative neurological disorders.
Another form of sexual dysfunction is infertility, which also becomes reason for depression in individuals. Prevention and treatment of these dysfunctions is significantly important as it could bring several concerns in a relationship leading to conflicts or breakups.
Emotional factors are one of the reasons of affected sexual activities. The emotional factors are further classified into interpersonal problems and psychological problems. Among interpersonal problems are relationship problems, lack of open communication and lack of trust. On the other hand, personal psychological problems such sexual fears, past sexual trauma and depression are the conditions causing sexual problems.
Mentioned below are the physical factors that can affect sexual activity:
- Back injury
- Enlargement of prostate gland
- Thyroid, pituitary, or adrenal gland problems
- Usage of drugs, alcohol, nicotine, narcotics, stimulants, antihypertensives, antihistamines and psychotherapeutic drugs
- Heart failure or lung failure
- Hormonal deficiencies, especially dropped level of estrogen, testosterone, or androgens
- Diseases like diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, tumours, and, rarely and tertiary syphilis
- Spinal cord injury or nerve damage
- Inadequate blood circulation
- Birth defects
Measures to Prevent Conditions Causing Sexual Problems
- One needs to know that condition of anxieties and fears specific to sexual pursuit increase the complications.
- You need to identify and treat predisposing illness or conditions that you are suffering.
- Leave behind past sexual trauma if any, and lead a better life
- A complete physical examination of body ensures that there remain no health complications to hamper the sexual pursuit.
Read more articles on Sex Problems
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.