Chill out this Summer with Cool Mocktails
- Coconut milk is no longer a problem. Ready-made tetrapacks are easily available, so let this mysterious drink keep your friends pondering over it.
- 3/4 teacup khus syrup or sherbat
- ½ teacup coconut milk (ready-made - coco chef)
- 1½ cups chilled water
- 8-10 ice cubes
Garnish with a cherry or a lemon slice
- Place khus syrup, coconut milk, water and ice cubes in a mixer blender.
- Blend for few seconds.
- Pour into glasses. Garnish with a lemon slice and a cherry on a stirrer stick or on the wall of the glass. Serve immediately.
A two layered drink which is stirred while sipping to adjust the sweetness.
- 3 teacups (500 ml) mango juice (ready made)
- ½ cup (8-10 tbsp) khus syrup or sherbat
- 4-5 tsp lemon juice, chilled soda - use only 3/4 of the bottle
- A slice of lemon, some mint and a cherry for garnishing
- Take tall stem glasses, place 3-4 ice cubes in each glass.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp khus syrup at the bottom of all the glasses.
- Gently, tilt the glass a little and gently pour about ½ cup mango juice along the sides of the glass, so as not to disturb the green layer of the khus sherbat.
- Fill 3/4th of the glass with the mango juice. See that the khus and mango layers are separate. Do it for all the glasses.
- Top the mango juice with 1 tsp of lemon juice, without mixing. Pour a little soda.
- Garnish by fixing a slit cherry, mint sprig and a slit lemon slice on the wall of the glass and insert a stirrer stick.
All juices used are ready made preserved juices available in tetra packs or paper cartons.
- 2 teacups pineapple juice
- 2 teacups orange juice
- 2 teacups mango juice
- 12 tbsp strawberry crush
- 1 bottle soda - chilled
- 8 tbsp vanilla ice cream
- 4 tbsp fresh cream (optional) for garnishing - pierce stirrer stick with a halved pineapple ring and a cherry
- In a pan mix the juices, cream, strawberry crush and ice cream.
- Keep in the refrigerator till serving time. At the time of serving, add 8-10 cubes of ice. Blend for ½ minute.
- Pour the soda from the bottle in the blended mixture. Mix with a spoon. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a pineapple piece and a cherry on the stirrer stick. Top with a little crushed ice.
Apple Strawberry Cordial
Enjoy this cordial when fresh strawberries are in season. A pinch of nutmeg makes it heavenly!
- 3 large ripe apples
- 1 (medium) teacup chopped strawberries (about 10-12)
- 12 tbsp strawberry crush1 bottle soda - chilled
- 8-10 ice cubesa sprinkle of nutmeg (jaiphal) powder (optional)for garnishing - fresh strawberries
- Remove the peel and cut apples into small pieces.
- Chop strawberries into small pieces.
- Blend apples, strawberries, strawberry crush and ice cubes for ½ minute.
- Pour soda into the blended mixture in the mixer. Mix well with a spoon. Pour in tall glasses over ice. Sprinkle some powdered nutmeg.
- Garnish the glass with a slit strawberry.
Source: Jagran Cityplus Dec 29, 2010
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.