It may sound strange to some but good sex can actually keep you young for a prolonged period of time. In fact good sex is one of the most effective ways of maintaining your looks. With a successful sex life, you can cut stress out of your life and have better sleep. Besides the physical and emotional effects of sex, it can also help you to be in good shape.
Dr. Eric Braverman, an anti-ageing expert has stated that an active sex life can help you look and feel younger. Physical intimacy boosts skin’s production of Vitamin D. Physical affection also reduces negative mood and stress and creates more positive attitude in the following days. Experts suggest that regular love making also boosts the body’s immunity against infection.
- Michael Roizen stated in reading of his clinical work that good sex keeps us younger as it decreases stress, relaxes us, enhances intimacy, and helps personal relationships. However, till now there has been no research conducted to support the findings.
- There are many physiological factors related to sex. Being the most intense kind of pleasure, physical intimacy facilitates chemical reactions in the body. In women, it produces growth hormone and in men, it improves sleep and increases the level of testosterone.
- Dr. David Week in his book Secrets of the Superyoung has stated that the key ingredients for looking younger are staying active and maintaining a good sex life. Results of a longitudinal study conducted (3,500 people, ages 30 to 101) by him supported his view. According to this study, a person who has sex at least three times a week is likely to look ten years younger than the person, who makes love only twice a week.
- Dr. Week further claims that pleasurable sex acts as a crucial factor in preserving your youth. Casual sex can arouse the feeling of anxiety and insecurity which finally contributes to loss of youth.
- After physical and mental exercise, sexual activities are the best way of staying young for long.
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men. Finnish scientists have found that men, who have sex at least twice a week, are less likely to suffer erectile dysfunction in later life.
- Sex is a low-intensity workout that burns calories and helps you to lose weight. The intensity of the sexual activity determines how many calories you burn.
- A study in Wales explained that men, who get intimate less than once a month have double the risk of dying prematurely than those who enjoy sex at least twice a week.
- It helps keeping you fit and toned as sex involves lots of muscle activity.
- Sexual activities release endorphins, which is a feel good element, so you can have pleasure and feel great at the same time.
So, enjoy good sex with your partner as the secret of prolonged youth is much simpler than strict dietary plans and expensive cosmetics.
Read more articles on Sex Education.