Mango Tango Salad
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Onion- 1 small- finely chopped
- Fresh lime juice-2 ½ tbsp
- Fresh orange juice-750 ml
- Green chillies-2 seeded and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, toss the onion with the lime juice. Let stand for 40 minutes.
- Working with 1 mango at a time, score the skin into quarters.
- Peel half the mango and cut 1/4-inch lengthwise slices down to the pit. Cut crosswise to release the slices. Repeat with the other side. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of water with the salt. Add the mangoes and let stand for 40 minutes.
- Drain the mangoes and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and add the orange juice. Drain the onion and sprinkle over the mangoes with the chopped chillies. Garnish with the coriander.
MMMMM….. Yummy Mango Lassi
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 1/4 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 9 to 10 standard-size ice cubes
- If using a fresh mango, peel and remove the flesh from the pit; cut mango into small pieces.
- In a blender, add yogurt, lemon juice, mango pulp, water, and honey or sugar. Blend approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until you see a little forming in the mixture. Add the ice and blend until frothy!
NOTE: Some people like to pour the mango mixture over ice cubes instead of blending the ice cubes in the drink.