Ayurvedic remedies for grey hair use a lot of elements such as fenugreek seeds, lemon, herbs and also fruit seeds. These ayurvedic remedies do not have any side effects and they are also beneficial for the growth of lustrous and beautiful hair.
Grey hair is one problem that is straddling even the young today. Exposure to extreme pollution, dust, and industrial waste added to stress and professional anxiety is a deadly combination that shows in the body. Greying can also result due to the lack of melanin in the body. Melanin provides colour to hair.
Ayurvedic Remedies for Grey Hair
Although there are various treatment options available for grey hair, ayurveda is considered the safest of them all. Ayurvedic remedies for grey hair do not carry any associated side effects and they are also considered as a permanent solution. In ayurveda, greying is considered to be an imbalance of the vata dosha and the remedies suggested are essentially ways in which this imbalance can be corrected.
- Bhringraj is one that is considered most essential in the treatment of grey hair. This herb reverses the process of greying by stimulating the process of blood circulation in the scalp. It also revitalises the hair follicles and makes them stronger. In fact, some ayurvedic practitioners are also of the opinion that bhringraj actually darkens the hair naturally. Bhringraj is usually available in the form of oil and its regular use leads to strengthening of hair and it also treats grey hair.
- Amla is another essential ingredient which is used to treat conditions of grey hair. Amla powder mixed with lemon juice can be applied to the hair for excellent results.
- A pinch of ground black pepper mixed with curd and the juice of a lemon and applied evenly on the hair is an excellent ayurvedic home remedy for grey hair. Curd helps in ridding the hair of dandruff and black pepper helps in darkening the hair. Regular use of this mixture yields positive results.
- A paste of gooseberries and mango seeds is a good remedy for grey hair. It helps in rejuvenating the scalp and also treats grey hair.
- Another ayurvedic remedy for grey hair is onions made into a fine paste. If this mixture is applied regularly before taking a bath, it brings back the colour to grey hair.
- Ground neem leaves slowly turns grey hair to black again.
- Guava leaves are also known to reverse the process of greying. They are usually ground into a smooth paste and then applied on the scalp and hair before taking a bath.
- Triphala mixed with gingery oil and applied to the scalp regularly also returns greyed hair to its original colour. Triphala is a mix of amla otherwise known as Indian gooseberries, behada and harad. It is usually available in powdered form.
- Applying a mixture of butter and fenugreek powder can also help in the treatment of grey hair. However, one should always bathe in cold water after using this mixture so that the medicinal properties of the mixture are not removed by heat. Fenugreek paste too is considered to be good for greying hair.
Another important ayurvedic remedy for grey hair is an exercise. For this, one has to rub the fingernails of the right hand with the left hand every day. This approach helps improves blood circulation to the scalp and also strengthens the roots of the hair. It is a very easy process and if done regularly, it reportedly brings back the lost colour of the hair. Most importantly the new hair that grows after this is also not grey.
Read more articles on Ayurveda.
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.