Asthma Symptoms in Children
Asthma Symptoms in Children - Read about symptoms of asthma in children. The common symptoms of asthma include feeling breathless. wheezing, coughing particularly at night, tightness in the chest.
In today’s world, due to the increasing amount of dust and pollution in the environment, diseases like asthma are also affecting young children. One may diagnose it through the following asthma symptoms in children:
- The child suffers from wheezing, making a sharp sound due to the obstruction of the nasal passage form the lungs. This usually happens at the time the child sleeps.
- Chest tightness, breathlessness and severe cough are the other symptoms that accompany the former.
- Such a case of asthma may worsen its effect on the respiratory system during season change, especially when the person has had a previous history of seasonal allergy.
- If the person gets tired very fast during an exercise regiment, it is a sign of asthma.
- Disturbances during sleep is the another symptom.
- Sometimes, coughing takes form as the sole symptom of asthma in children.
- Morning dipping is common amongst the above symptoms, that is, when the effects of asthma are severe when the patient wakes up in the morning and gradually become mild throughout the day.
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Feb 25, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.