Anti-Ageing Skin Care for 20s
Twenties is the ideal age to start anti aging skin care. Get some tips for effective skin care that delay the aging process of your skin.
Anti–aging skin care should ideally start in the twenties. Even though the skin is free of age spots or wrinkles and is at its prime, good habits regarding skin care have to be developed now to make your skin look as good when you’re much older. The focus is on preventing the signs of aging before they start appearing. To do this, it is important to understand what factors cause our skin to wrinkle and sag when we get older.
[Read: Anti-Ageing Tips for Women]
Anti-Aging Skin Care for 20s: Some Effective Tips
- Protect yourself from sun damage: Sun damage specially shows up in people with fair skin, although people with darker tones are not immune either. The UV rays penetrate the skin and mutate the melanin, leading to premature aging. So, a good-quality sun-screen-SPF 15 or higher is a must have for every woman in her twenties. UV rays are present even when it’s cloudy and unknowingly, you can get sun exposure.
- Use an Exfoliant: Exfoliants remove layers of dead skin and also unclog pores, helping your skin to absorb moisture more effectively. Several researches have indicated that alpha and beta hydroxy acids present in the exfoliants help produce collagen, a skin ingredient which is lost as we age.
[Read: Anti-Ageing Products that Work]
- Vitamins A, C, E and B3 – These vitamins reduce as well as reverse aging. Skin creams containing these vitamins help a lot especially if applied in combination with a sun screen with a good SPF.
- Eat right – Fresh, healthy food contains antioxidants which give you protection against radical damage. Foods which can delay skin-aging are:
- Fruits such as papaya, mangoes, oranges, and berries.
- Vegetables such as spinach, carrots, squash and sweet potatoes.
- Whole grains.
- Some fish.
- Low fat yoghurt or milk.
- Olive or vegetable oil.
- Dark chocolate.
- Stop smoking: Smokers develop leathery, wrinkled skin quite early in life. They also have an unhealthy yellowish tone to their skin. Regular smoking causes your blood vessels to constrict leading to lack of oxygen in the blood stream. This makes your skin look leathery.
- Refrain from excess alcohol: Frequent consumption of alcohol is known to cause premature ageing.
- Drink plenty of water: Lack of water and moisture makes the skin dull and flaky besides causing dark spots and puffiness. Dry skin is a symptom of aging. It’s a sign that your skin isn’t holding enough water for its repair enzymes to work correctly. These enzymes are responsible for repairing the damage caused by the sun. You need to drink a minimum of 2 litres of water a day. Also, use a good moisturiser all over your body each morning and night.
- Use natural products: As far as possible, use natural products as a part of your anti aging skin care for 20s regime. For example, coconut oil is a great remedy for preventing old age.
- Remove all make up before sleeping: Make up doesn’t allow your skin to breathe and get it gets dehydrated.
It is all about averting the aging signs on the skin before they appear. With slight care and healthy habits, one can be sure to step into the 30’s with a glowing skin and a lot of confidence.
Read more articles on Anti Aging
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team Aug 31, 2011
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.