Just imagine, we all spend almost half of our day at work if we include preparing to go to work as well. If you are in a typical 9 to 5 job, you might spend almost eight hours a day, five days a week, staring at a computer screen. These 40 hours tend to take a toll on your physical health, and if your job leaves you miserable, then on your mental health as well. With so much to do and deadlines to meet, you might think it is impossible to take care of your health while at work. Well, you might be wrong. There are ways you can invest in your fitness while at work, which in turn will help you improve your productivity too.
Healthy Snacks You Can Munch During Work
Snacking is something we all do at work, and with loads of work to do, people often snack mindlessly without paying attention to what they are eating and how much. Having healthier snacks not only helps you to limit the number of calories you consume since these are healthy, but they also keep you energised, calm, and hence productive. However, taking out the time to prepare them and exploring options that are portable can be a challenge. Here are some healthy snacks options for you that you can carry to work:
- Apple: Although any fruit is good for your health, apples are more so revered for their health-benefiting properties. These are loaded with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Since 85% of an apple comprises water, these are low in calories too. To enhance the nutritional value of your snack, you can have some peanut butter along with the apple. This butter is high in protein and healthy fats and makes you feel full for a long time.
- Banana: If you are craving sugar and looking for a healthier option, banana is the snack for you. It is rich in potassium and fiber, and you can have some peanut butter with it to add a dash of protein.
- Dried Fruits & Nuts: Not only are these easy to carry, they are non-perishable and extremely healthy. These contain all the macronutrients and keep you full for long.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are another excellent snack option. It is rich in fiber and protein, which makes you feel full for longer, which might also help in managing weight. What you can do is take some chickpeas in a pan, add some ghee to it and roast well. Add some salt, lemon, and seasoning of your choice for taste, and have them either when you are hungry, or when just having the urge to eat something.
- Popcorn: There is no other snack as satisfying as popcorn. These are easy to make, are rich in fiber and low in calories, not to mention they are extremely tasty.
- Yogurt: Having a plane, sugar-free yogurt is another snack you can have at work. It is high in protein, which induces satiety. It also contains lots of calcium, which makes your bones and teeth strong.
- Dark Chocolate: If you are in the mood to indulge in your cravings and looking for a mood enhancer, dark chocolate is the snack for you. Not only is it extremely delicious, but it is healthy too. To add some protein to it, you can top it off with some peanut butter, nuts or have it with yogurt.
Just like physical fitness, it is equally important to take care of your mental health, even during work. You can meditate to de-stress and practice deep breathing to calm your nerves when you find yourself in the middle of a difficult situation. At work or not, it is very important to take care of health for a long and qualitative life.