Are you counting the number of sleepless nights you’ve spent peeking at the watch every other second? Or feel highly demotivated, lethargic, unfocused and try to be happy but to no avail? Looks like and endless ordeal doesn’t it? To bounce with a vault full of energy incorporate yoga in your lifestyle.
Yogologist, Dr. Deepak Jha says “Essentially, when melatonin cycle is disturbed it can cause insomnia. Certain yoga asana can rectify any imbalance in secretion of melatonin by the pineal gland in the brain. Also they can relieve any tension in the spinal cord and allow the energy to flow in the body without any obstruction. Thereby, bringing our sleep cycle back to normalcy is a must.”
Yoga, meditation therapist, mudra specialist Ms. Vineeta Gogia adds, “In order to sleep well, relieve yourself from stress and fatigue and wake up with positive energy try the following asanas.”
1. Prasarita Padottan Asana: It tends to sooth your mind, lift your spirits and rinses off negative energy and drabbiness you complain of. It calms down the brain which is the sleep centre of our body.
2. Supta Baddha Kona Asana: It gives relief from any tension that hovers in one’s mind. You sure would want to try this asana to replace chaos with peace.
3. Adho Mukha Jathara Parovritt Asana: Like others relaxes your nervous system and vacates your mind of any thought that disturbs you.
4. Salamba Bala Asana: It helps you rid yourself of worries and pile of stress. Observe caution while doing this child pose. Avoid this asana, if you’re suffering from knee injury, diarrhea or if you’re pregnant.
5. Chandra Bedha Pranayama: Being a pranayama it facilitates sleep by a quieting effect on our nervous system.
6. Savasana: It tends to induce sleepiness and combats restlessness. “The best time to do savasana” says Gogia “like any other asana is morning but it can be done in the evenings too provided you’re doing it empty stomach. If you can’t take out time in the evening make sure you’ve had an early dinner (around seven) and then do savasana after a gap of 3 hours. Strictly advised that it must not be done after dinner.”
Dr. Jha says, “Yoga Nidra, if done for 40 minutes, under a yoga expert, helps remove repressed and disturbing thoughts from one’s subconscious mind. This eliminates and chaotic thought in the mind and allows you to resume a normal sleep cycle.
In addition to this Ms. Gogia also offers some more useful tips to battle your ways with insomnia.
So when in bed behave like you’re in bed; don’t tie yourself to your thoughts. Let them float away in the ocean miles away from you. Wake up to a beautiful morning amidst your loved ones and to thank God for adding another day to your life.
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.