Defined as ejaculating before either partner achieves sexual satisfaction, premature ejaculation is one of the most common complaints affecting most men from time to time. It often occurs early in relationships when sexual excitement, some anxiety and over stimulation are common features. It is also more common in younger men who are finding out about sexual activity and sexual relationships and men of all ages after a long period without sex. Premature ejaculation is rarely caused by any underlying disease, structural or physical problems. Performance Anxiety Performance anxiety may be the major cause and talking to your sexual partner about your feelings may well help. Remember, it is a common experience for men and women. Relax more and the problem often goes away.
Techniques to Prevent Premature Ejaculation
- Self Distraction to prevent premature ejaculation If your arousal levels are getting too high and a climax is beginning, take a deep breath and think about something else, something very boring if possible. When you are less aroused but maintaining an erection you can then continue.
- Stop and Start Method for premature ejaculation If you find yourself nearing climax withdraw your penis from your partner and allow yourself to relax enough to prevent ejaculation. By starting and stopping sexual stimulation you can learn to prolong the sex act.
- Squeeze Methods can help prevent premature ejaculation This method involves either the man or his partner squeezing (fairly firmly) the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when ejaculation is imminent, withholding stimulation for about 30 seconds, then continuing stimulation. This can be repeated until ejaculation is desired. The stop and start method can be used with the squeeze method as well.
- Desensitizing Creams for premature ejaculation Creams can be used to desensitize the end of the penis. They act like a local or tropical anesthetic. Thicker condoms (or two condoms) can also desensitize by decreasing sensitivity and therefore stimulation, thus prolonging the sexual act.
- More Foreplay prevents premature ejaculation Stimulate your partner to a state of high arousal before you have your genitals touched, that way ejaculation and orgasm can be achieved about the same time.
- Masturbation to prevent premature ejaculation Practice different methods by yourself. Getting to know your feelings and sensations gives you the chance to gain confidence. Remember, getting good at sex and overcoming premature ejaculation can take a bit of time. Practice makes perfect. If you find that things are not improving then help is available from sex therapists who are experts in this field.