What is the treatment for Central Pain Syndrome?

By  ,  National Institute of Health
Dec 28, 2012

Subscribe for daily wellness inspiration

Like onlymyhealth on Facebook!

Pain medications often provide some reduction of pain, but not complete relief of pain, for those affected by central pain syndrome. Tricyclic antidepressants such as nortriptyline or anticonvulsants such as neurontin (gabapentin) can be useful. Lowering stress levels appears to reduce pain.


Read more articles on Central Pain Syndrome



Write a Review Feedback
Is it Helpful Article?YES10700 Views 1 Comment
Post a Comment

Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.

  • Michelle26 Apr 2013

    PI had a right ischemic stroke in Aug/12 and about 2 months ago began developing a burning sensation on the left side of my face and left arm and hand and then a few weeks later this freezing cold, "frostbite" like sensation started in the same area. at first just a few days a week and now it happens daily. I have been on Cymbala and Lyrica for months, but to no avail...am looking at going to a Pain Clinic to see an anesthesiologist, but the wait is up to 3 years. Does anyone have any suggestions?

  • All
  • Article
  • Slideshow
  • Video

    Medical Miracle

    India’s pregnant man?India’s pregnant man?