Intimacy in a relationship is like a bright spark with illuminates the bond. Lack of intimacy in a relationship can make your love life boring and mundane. It is necessary to increase intimacy at emotional as well as physical level. So if you are also tired of having a monotonous relationship, here are some of the ways through which you can increase intimacy in your relationship.
- It is necessary to be each other’s friend in a relationship as it decreases the communication gap. Communication is one of the most important aspects of a relationship. A communication gap can be detrimental for any relationship. Therefore, always be there to share each other’s thoughts, dreams and problems as much as you would be to be a part of each other’s happiness.
- Spend quality time with each other. Often we get too busy with our lives and our relationship takes a back seat and various other things become our priority. As a result people start to drift apart from each other. Therefore, it becomes very important to take time out of our busy schedule to spend with our partners. Giving time to each other develops intimacy in a relationship.
- Compliment and appreciate your partner. It makes them feel special. Try to gain your partner’s trust so that whenever they are in any kind of problem, you should be the first you they can count upon.
- Physical intimacy is one of the most important factors of an intimate relationship. Gestures such as holding each other’s hands and hugging never go unnoticed and bring you together.
- Spend few intimate and passionate moments together and recreate the magic in a relationship. Indulge in various relaxing activities such as watching movies, taking a shower or having a romantic dinner together.
- Love making is an important aspect your relationship. While making love, you need to understand and give importance to each other’s needs. Moreover, it is very important not to rush things while having sex. Prolong your foreplay and make sure that both the partners are fully turned on before you have sex.
- Take initiative and do things that would make your partner feel special and wanted. Plan a date for your partner, surprise them with small gifts or tokens of love when they least expect it from you.
- Take interest in your partner and try to find out more about their likes and dislikes. You can also be a part of their hobbies. Doing so is not a difficult task. You can enjoy your partner’s favourite sport with them or take dance classes together. This way, you will not only get to spend more time with them but they will also feel special.
Intimate relationships are the ones which are more fulfilling and rewarding. So, start taking initiative and increase intimacy in your relationship to bring happiness in your and your partner’s life.
Read more articles on Intimacy in Relationships