Hair conditioning is one of the important ways by which we can improve the look of the hair, make it smooth and easier to manage. Conditioning also helps to provide the nourishment it needs to look good. We need to help the hair externally with regular care and conditioning.
Here are some tips to help the hair look good:
- For limp hair and oily hair add 10 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil to 50 ml water. Shake well and keep in a jar. Apply this to the hair, after shampoo and leave it on. Essential oils should not be used by themselves. They should be added to oils, lotions or water in the right proportion.
- To add body, lustre and softness to the hair, take a teaspoon of milk powder and add a cup of warm water. Use this as a hair rinse. Leave on for two minutes and rinse off with plain water.
- To add shine and silkiness to dry, dull hair, take one teaspoon pure glycerine, two tablespoons olive oil or sesame seed (til) oil and one tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir very well. Massage a little of this mixture into the hair before your shampoo. Wear a shower cap. This helps to generate heat and help penetration of the oil. Keep it for 2 hours and then shampoo the hair. Or you can do the hot towel wrap (see below).
- Add a few drops of til oil or coconut oil to the quantity of shampoo that you use for one hair wash. Mix well and wash your hair with it.
- Two handfuls of neem leaves can be added to 4 cups of hot water. Let it stand overnight. Next morning, strain the liquid and use it to rinse the hair. It keeps the scalp healthy and free from infections. Also relieves itching.
- Soak a cup of broken moong dal overnight. Then grind it in a mixer with enough water to make it into a smooth paste. Use this the same way as you would apply shampoo. Keep it on for half an hour and wash your hair well with plain water. It is suitable as a conditioning treatment for fine hair and adds body.
- Mix together one egg, one teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons coconut oil. Massage it well into the scalp and apply the hot towel wrap, as described earlier. Then, shampoo the hair. It adds body, shine and softness to dry hair.