Certain food items help to raise the libido and increase energy levels and are therefore, essential for improved sexual life. Although, all natural foods are great for overall health, certain vitamins boost sex drive and further improve performance in bed. The best vitamins to improve sexual desire are mentioned below.
• Vitamin A— Deficiency of vitamin A results in decreased production of sex hormones in men and women. The insufficient levels of testosterone and estrogen lead to conditions, such as the shrinking of testicles in men shrink and atrophy of the ovaries in women. Few excellent sources of vitamin A include sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy green veggies (mustard leaves, turnip greens), lettuce, dried apricots, mangoes and cantaloupe.
• Vitamin B-complex— Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 and B12 help to raise libido. Vitamin B6 is a prerequisite to production of the male sex hormone, testosterone. All forms of vitamin B improve blood circulation and are responsible for increased energy levels. Vitamin B12 is a mood regulator, which boosts sexual desire.
• Vitamin C— Free radicals present in the body are responsible for disturbing normal sexual health. To increase sex drive, it is of crucial significance to get rid of these radicals. Vitamin C works for the removal of free radicals and disrupts them from lowering the level of nitric acid in the body. Low nitric acid levels are directly linked to decreased sex drive as well as stamina. Fruits, such as guava, kiwi, lemon, grapefruit, orange and all kinds of berries are excellent natural sources of vitamin C. Furthermore, vitamin C sources are helpful in maintaining the oxygen concentration in the blood, which is also significant for an increased sex drive.
• Vitamin E— Increased and unhampered blood circulation is vital to improve sex drive. Natural supplements of vitamin E are great for enhancing sex drive as well as sexual stamina. This vitamin is available in the form of lubricant, which can be applied on the vagina; it functions by rehydrating the vaginal tissue. The natural sources of vitamin E that you can include in your diet include nuts, green vegetables, tomato, mango, kiwi, vegetable oils, margarine and wheat germ.
• Citrulline— This is a natural nutrient that can work as a Viagra. Citrulline functions by boosting the amount of nitric acid in the body. Nitric acid plays an important role in increasing sex drive. It replenishes the amount of oxygen in the blood, which in turn makes blood circulation faster and better, improving libido and sexual stamina. Watermelon is the richest source of citrulline.
Apart from increasing your intake of the above mentioned vitamin sources, maintain a healthy weight to enjoy your sex life more.
Read more articles on Sex and Relationship.
If you want to keep things moving in your love life, you should start by moving more at the gym.read more
Is your love life getting dull? There are certain foods that can help revive your sex drive and put love life back on track.read more