Vaginal Yeast Infection: When to look for medical advice?

By  , Expert Content
Feb 20, 2012

Subscribe for daily wellness inspiration

Like onlymyhealth on Facebook!

Vaginal Yeast Infection When to look for medical advice

Vaginal yeast infection a common type of infection of the vagina is caused due to the fungus Candida. It usually causes itching or burning in the vaginal and/or vulvar area and the symptoms are rarely dangerous. Consult your doctor for advice if:


  • You have symptoms suggestive of vaginal yeast infection as many other conditions can cause symptoms similar to vaginal yeast infection.  Your doctor can confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment.
  • You are not sure if you have a yeast infection (if you are sure you may consider use of an over-the-counter medications to treat the first or initial infection)
  • Your symptoms don't improve or worsen after self-treatment
  • You have recurrent symptoms
  • If your sexual partner gets an itchy rash on the penis he should be treated.



Read more articles on Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment



Write Comment Read ReviewDisclaimer Feedback
Is it Helpful Article?YES11447 Views 0 Comment