Vaginal yeast infection a common type of infection of the vagina is caused due to the fungus Candida. It usually causes itching or burning in the vaginal and/or vulvar area and the symptoms are rarely dangerous. Consult your doctor for advice if:
- You have symptoms suggestive of vaginal yeast infection as many other conditions can cause symptoms similar to vaginal yeast infection. Your doctor can confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment.
- You are not sure if you have a yeast infection (if you are sure you may consider use of an over-the-counter medications to treat the first or initial infection)
- Your symptoms don't improve or worsen after self-treatment
- You have recurrent symptoms
- If your sexual partner gets an itchy rash on the penis he should be treated.
Read more articles on Vaginal Yeast Infection Treatment