If you do not have a health insurance, let us tell you why it is important to get one.
Importance of a Health Insurance
• It offers protection during unexpected medical emergencies.
• It comes to rescue someone in case of sudden accident and illness.
• It takes care of patient’s hospitalization and subsequent medical and other costs incurred during or post hospitalization.
Each health insurance company has its own health insurance plans.Take a look at the top five health insurance companies in India.
Max Bupa is a joint venture between Max India Limited and the UK based healthcare services expert, Bupa. They offer following Health Insurance Policies:
• Heartbeat Gold health plan
• Heartbeat Platinum health plan
• Heartbeat Silver health plan
All the above plans cover you against unforeseen medical expenses along with a range of services to help you take care of your health like 24/7 health advice, maternity benefits, cashless facility across network hospitals, health check-ups and tax benefits among many others.
• Health Advantage Plus Policy: This covers basic hospitalization cover and OPD expenses. It also takes care of emergencies due to terrorist activities.
• Family Floater Insurance: Enrolment age for the senior most member of the family for this policy is between 19 years to 60 years. The youngest health insured child must be 91 days old and accompanied by one adult member of the family.
• Personal Accident Insurance: It not only covers a patient for Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) and Accidental Death but also against terrorism.
• LifeLine MediCashTMPlus: It which covers hospital cash benefit and both pre and post hospitalization benefits.
• LifeLine WellnessTMPlus: It covers nearly 38 critical illnesses and offers tax benefits.
• LifeLine Safety NetTMPlus: Under one plan it covers death, disease, accident and disability.
• Max New York LifeLine Healthy FamilyTMPlus: It is one of the most comprehensive health insurance plan and takes care of both you and your family. It offers guaranteed renewability till the age of 75.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance company offers following policies:
• Family Floater Health Guard: Eligibility to avail for Family Floater policy is that you must be between 18 yrs - 65 yrs. It can be renewed upto 80 years. Coverage for any pre-existing disease you have to be a policy holder for 4 years.
• Star Package: Its benefits are in-house claim administration, covers everything from health to home. Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per section 80-D of Income Tax Act as per existing IT law.
• Health Care: This policy offers life cover, surgical benefits, cashless hospitalization benefits, critical illness cover, post hospitalization benefit and Partial Disability and Accidental Permanent Total.
• Others are Individual Health Guard, Extra Care, Health Ensure, Silver Health and Tax Gain.
You can choose from a range of health policies such as:
• Swasthya Bima Policy
• Health Insurance Scheme
• Individual Mediclaim Policy
• Group Mediclaim Policy
• Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
• Universal Health Insurance Scheme
• Overseas Mediclaim
• Daily Hospital Cash Allowance
• Personal Accident and Life Hardship Survival
These plans cover both pre and post hospitalization expenses. This Insurance plana are also available on cashless hospitalisation basis. In this a patient can avail treatment in any of the network hospitals by showing their identification card.
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.