Disposable diapers are popular as they are comfortable and convenient to use. But with so many brands available in the market many parents find it difficult to select the best diaper for their child. If you wonder which diaper is best for your baby read on to know more about baby diaper brands and tips on how to select the best diaper.
Tips for buying Disposable Diapers
As diapers have become an indispensable part of a baby’s clothing till he is potty and toilet trained, choosing the right diaper for your child is important.
- Choose the right size diaper. The diaper box suggests the apt size according to the baby’s age and weight. Some brands are sized 1 to 6, whereas others are available as small, medium, large and extra large.
- As you need diapers in dozens, buy bigger packs as they are often more economical. Look for discounts and schemes on diapers.
- Choose the diaper based on your need and convenience. For example, some diapers are specially designed for overnight wearing (with extra padding) and some are shaped like pants (so they are easy to wear).
- Most importantly ensure that the diaper fits snugly and is not tight.
Top 5 baby diaper brands in India:
- Huggies: The name Huggies is almost synonymous with disposable diapers in India. Huggies has reached far and wide owing to its attempt to understand the market and adapt its product accordingly. High capacity absorbent material is used in the diapers. The diapers, feel soft, smell fresh, and the good quality absorbent material lets your baby remain dry and happy for quite some time.
- Pampers: Pampers diapers are comfortable, of good quality and aim to provide value for money to the customers. The great leakage protection with this brand offers optimum satisfaction. They are highly absorbent without a lot of bulk, and fit snugly. Besides this, Pampers often come up with various discounts and schemes to encourage the parents to try disposable baby diapers.
- Snuggies: These are imported diapers (from China) of good quality at affordable prices. The diapers feel soft and smell fresh, and are made of good quality absorbent material.
- Wipro Baby Soft: The Wipro baby soft diapers have good absorbent capacity due to a unique super gel absorbent system which quickly absorbs moisture deep into the diaper. Hence it keeps the baby's skin dry and comfortable. A new variant from Wipro Baby Soft are the cloth feel diapers called Wipro Baby Soft Dry Care diapers. These diapers are more economical but without compromising the quality.
- Mamy Poko Pants: Pant Style Diapers: Mamy Poko is a Japanese brand of baby diapers that has been recently launched in the Indian market. It is a pant style pull up baby diaper and does not have stickers (tape style) like the conventional diapers. So you don’t have to stick the two ends of the diaper together. The aim is to make it more convenient for use especially if the child is active or resists when you make him wear a diaper. These diapers are soft, comfortable, dry, and lightweight.
The Indian baby diapers market is at a nascent stage due to the high price of diapers as compared to cloth nappies. Many parents feel cloth nappies are definitely better for the child as compared to the disposable diapers—but disposable diapers offer convenience and cleanliness. There are several baby diaper brands available in the stores. Almost all of them are soft, comfortable, and keep the baby dry for a few hours—so choose the diaper based on your need, convenience and liking.
Read more articles on Newborn Care