You did not know what unnecessary squeezing and breaking of the acne would do to your face. Now that you have marks left behind on your skin, here are a few tips to remove the scars permanently without going under the knife or undertaking expensive laser surgeries. The solution is right in your kitchen:
- Mix a pinch of baking soda in your face wash and wash it off with cold water. The tingling sensation is equivalent to microdermabrasion—a treatment used in skin clinics for naturally glowing skin. Do not leave the mixture on the skin for more than 15 seconds.
- Gently massage a few drops of olive oil onto your face to improve the skin elasticity. Olive oil is widely known for improving the texture of the skin by penetrating beyond the epidermis and generating a long lasting glow.
- Apply drops of fresh lemon juice on the scarred area. Let it dry on the skin. Wash it after a couple of minutes. Do not forget to use a sunscreen lotion with at least SPF 60 because lemon makes your skin photosensitive making it susceptible to tanning and even sunburns. The best time to try this treatment is in the evening.
- Do not scrub your face too often. This would make the scars more visible damaging the soft collages tissues
- Mix honey, aloe vera gel and three to four drops of rosehip oil in an earthen pot. Crush a handful of neem leaves in it and let it stay in the pot for a day. Store the concoction in a cool place. The next day dilute the paste slightly with rose water and apply a thick coat of it on the scars. Wash it off after it dries up. Repeat it every day till the scars lighten.
- Have a balanced diet. Include vitamin and iron supplements as meals fail to sufficiently provide all nutrients required by the body.
- Increase your intake of Vitamin C and D. Also, try exposing your skin to the early morning sun. This is proven to boost the skin tone and provide Vitamin D in sufficient quantities that repair the skin naturally.