Dark circles under the eyes are the second most common skin trouble after acne. Makeup whiz Vidya Tikari tells you that while there’s no substitute for the beauty basics to heal yourself from within – balanced diet, sound sleep, adequate water intake, enjoyable exercise, positive thinking & definitely no smoking – here’s what you can do to cover up those dark circles while you get around to living, breathing healthy:
1. Concealer is the most effective product for hiding dark circles under the eyes. It is excellent at hiding dark under-eye circles because it is opaque (doesn’t let light through). Regular make-up isn't a match for truly dark under-eye circles.
2. A good concealer is MAC Select Cover Up. Start blending from the outer corner of the eye to the inside – so that the concealer goes inside the crease lines and wrinkles and is completely blended with your skin.
3. If your dark circles are blue-black, choose a colour that is a shade of orange to neutralise the blue-black tone. If you have puffiness as well as dark circles, go one shade darker than your usual colour.
4. Too much concealer will draw attention to the skin under your eyes. When you're using concealer for hiding dark under-eye circles, do so with a light touch.
5. Don't apply mascara to the lower lashes. Flakes of mascara often fall from the lower lashes and make dark under-eye circles look darker.
6. Orange-base concealer is generally most suitable for hiding dark under-eye circles and is great for Asian skin tones.
Ayurvedic treatment for dark circles mainly focuses on body detoxification and skin rejuvenation.read more
Dark Circles under Eyes are characterized by a visible discoloration of skin beneath the eyes.read more