Pimples show up at the worst times and when they do, you have a desperate urge to pop them out. You want to squeeze them out and at the same time make sure there is no mark left behind. But, must you? Is popping a pimple really the right approach to having flawless skin?
Pimple is a thin sack that holds oil, acne bacteria and debris, medically meaning that it is a good thing that you have the pimple there. If you puncture the pimple, you will force the debris as well as bacteria to run deeper into your skin. Also, the debris that comes out of the gunk will splatter and force itself inside other pores, causing more pimples. Moreover, you may introduce more bacteria from your finger into the zit. This can lead to the pimple becoming red, swollen, inflamed and infected. This may cause permanent scarring.
The conclusion is that the pimple must be allowed to run through its lifespan. If the pimple is let alone, the blemish will heal on its own in 3 to 7 days and if the pimple is popped out improperly, it may linger for weeks and may also lead to scarring.
Dermatologists as well as estheticians are experts at popping pimples safely. They use gloves and lance the pimple with a sterile needle before removing the contents with an instrument called a comedone extractor.
Therefore, popping a pimple is best to be left for the pros. But, if you must do it, there is a proper fashion in which that is supposed to be done.
• Do not poke the pimple way too early. Wait until it has a white head. This means that the pus is close to the surface of the skin.
• Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water, fingernail brush and soap.
• Sterilize a pin using a match or lighter. Let the pin cool and then wipe it down with the help of alcohol.
• Swab the zit using alcohol and pour some on your fingers as well.
• Dry your fingers and wrap them properly in a clean tissue.
• Position the pin in such a way that it is parallel to the surface of the skin. Now, gently pierce the tip of the white center of the zit.
• With the help of a cotton swab, softly squeeze the pimple by pressing around the tip of the zit. If the pus does not come down with a soft press, the pimple is not yet ready to be popped. So, stop attempting to get the pimple out and wait until it is ready to be popped.
• Whether the zit open out with the pus or not, apply some alcohol to the deflated blemish. It might a little but it will prevent further breakouts by inhibiting bacterial contact.
Read more articles on Skin Care.
5 things you need to know about cancer patients: The 5 things that you need to know about cancer patients are the importance of giving him company, signs of depression, evaluation of side effects, and type and stage of cancer.read more
Obesity can be defined as a medical condition of excess body fat accumulated to such an extent that it may have adverse effects on health, leading to reduced life expectancy.read more