It is understandable that parents put their kids’ first; always. However, sometimes they feel that the sexual fire within them is just too much to handle. So what do you do when your kid is around; in the same room or even on the same bed! Sex when kids are around is a sensitive issue and sometimes even tests the understanding and patience of parents!
The rule book
Sex in front of a baby
- If your baby is less than 6 months and you feel the need to express your ‘love’ for your spouse; experts feel that it is not a problem.
- Babies cannot comprehend what is going on at such a tender age. However, make sure that you put little one safely in his crib or you can take the floor!
Sex around a toddler
- Matters become complicated as your child reaches the ages between one and three.
- According to experts toddlers might be adversely affected if they see their parents indulging in sexual activities. Therefore, the best thing for you to do is exercise restraint.
- Keep the enthusiasm up by stealing kisses and hugs but reserve the action for when your child is either sleeping or in his play room!
Sex around a preschooler
- Preschoolers are on the threshold of entering a phase when they will be expected to spend increasing amounts of time away from their parents.
- Therefore, it is only natural that your preschooler will demand more of your time. S/he may want to climb into your bed at night and sleep there.
- Sex around a preschooler is a strict no-no. It may scar the child and s/he may think of it as daddy trying to hurt mommy.
- Keep your sexual excitement at bay till the time that you are completely alone and away from the inquisitive eyes of your kid!
Sex around a school going kid
- Having sex when you have a school going kid in your house can be a bit of trouble.
- Your kid may stay up late doing homework or organise sleepovers for pals.
- Make sure that you do not indulge in any objectionable behaviour around their presence.
- This applies even more when her/his friends are around. You definitely don’t want your child to be the object of ridicule in front of their friends.
- Keep up the intimate little nothings such as kissing or cuddling so that the flame of passion stays aflame!
Sex around older kids
- Things become much simpler once your child grows up.
- However, you have to introduce the idea of parents needing their own private time early on. Explain to your kid that the two of you will spend some time together.
- Do not give in to their obstinate demands of entering your room whenever they want.
- Although you have to be stern, remember that the change will happen over time. Give your kid time to warm up to the idea of her/his parents being physically close.
Read more articles on Kids (4-7)