Fed up of eating those tasteless chips and mashed potatoes every time you observe a fast. It’s time to make navaratri fasting fun for you. You can do that by embracing the joy of navratri fasting with sabudana vada recipe.
Also read : Foods recipes for Navratri
- 2 cup sago (Sabudana),
- 2 medium sized boiled potatoes,
- 4-5 green chilies,
- 1 small piece ginger
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped,
- 1/2 cup roasted peanut powder,
- 2 tsp cumin seeds,
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional),
- sendha namak to taste
- oil for frying
Also read : Healthy ways to fast this Navratri
How to prepare sabadana vada
- Soak sabudana in water and drain off all the water and keep it aside for an hour.
- Now mash the boiled potatoes and make a paste of ginger and chilies in a grinder.
- Mix the sago, ginger-chilies paste, mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, peanut powder, cumin seeds and lemon juice. Mix it thoroughly using a little bit of water.
- Make small balls of the mixture and gently press them to make flat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the vadas till golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy with your favorite chutney.
Image Source: Getty
Read more articles on Festival Fever
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth app