Obesity has become endemic all over the world and its cause is mainly to do with wrong lifestyle choices. Losing weight must be the most popular New Year resolution people take and it is also one that they fail to live up to. The main reason for this is that they do not care to integrate the new lifestyle in their daily life that can keep the lost weight away for all time to come.
If you find yourself too crestfallen to endeavour to lose weight, or trying it for the first time, begin by telling yourself that after you have gotten yourself used to the lifestyle of feeling light by keeping the weight off, it would become your natural way of being. It might seem to be an uphill task but gradual changes to your lifestyle by following some simple tips can drift you towards the naturally healthy person with optimal weight.
Natural Weight Loss Tips
- Include more of fibre in your foods – There are many benefits of having more of fibrous foods such as fruits and vegetables. Your body would be detoxed, metabolism would improve and this would bring about a healthy feeling. You can start with making oatmeal your daily breakfast and making a rule to have vegetable salads during the day. Even such a simple change can initiate weight loss.
- Quinoa for Weight Loss - Quinoa is a seed rich in amino acid it is an excellent diet for fighting hunger as it contains hunger fighting proteins. Iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus and magnesium are some of the ingredients of this seed, which are very helpful in reducing high blood pressure and keeping the blood glucose level at normal.
- Increase your dietary protein – You need to make sure that there is enough protein in your diet. At least two of your daily meals should have substantial amount of food rich in protein. Protein helps you feel fuller and it is also the building block for muscles. So, replacing your fats and some of your carbohydrates with proteins is a good way of losing weight. You should know the amount of protein you need daily. Your health care provider or a nutritionist can help you in this.
- Have a good breakfast – If you feel surprised at this, it means you were unaware of the way the body works. Your breakfast should be the most fulfilling meal of the day. This is because it tends to keep you full throughout the day. The simple explanation behind this is that your metabolism tends to be controlled after a hearty breakfast as it is the best part of the day for digesting your food.
- Do not pile-up junk foods in your home – If you are in the habit of stacking up piles of cookies, wafers, chips or chocolates for the month, get rid of the tendency. You may still have your favourite foods from time to time, but do not make it easy for yourself to get hold of one. Getting your favourite sugary delight should at least involve getting out of the house to the nearest store.
- Choose whole grains to white grains - Whole wheat bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and other whole wheat cereals are rich in fibre. They are easily absorbed in the body due to the presence of fibre that helps in digestion of the food.
- Drink lot of water – Drink lot of water during the day, at least 3 to 4 litres. Start your day with a glass of water as there is nothing better to cleanse, detox and hydrate your system. It will help to flush out the toxins due to constipation, a common cause of obesity.