The benefits of Vitamin E are well known to one and all. Primarily, it is known for its skin friendly properties. Almost all therapeutic formulations for skin care will have Vitamin E as a prime ingredient. However, is vitamin E good for dry skin? The answer is an emphatic “yes”. Vitamin E not only helps in treating dry skin but also fights the causes which result in excessive loss of skin moisture. What you can therefore expect is a definite cure, eliminating the root causes which give rise to skin dryness.
Is Vitamin E Good for Dry Skin?
- Dry skin may have been caused due to exposure to ultraviolet radiations, excessive pollution or as a result of certain drug reactions. Vitamin E possesses prominent anti-oxidants which protects the skin cells from all such damages. It provides a protective layer to the skin so that harmful elements can be combated successfully. Therefore, besides soothing dry skin it also helps in preventing it from further damage.
- Another prominent function of vitamin E is to regulate the levels of Vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A has an important role to play in keeping the skin soft and healthy. By controlling its regulation, vitamin E also battles with dryness and other skin problems.
- Dry skin, fine lines, wrinkles etc., are prominent signs of ageing skin. Creams which contain vitamin E helps in managing these signs of ageing. Popular anti-ageing formulations would therefore have vitamin E as the prime ingredient. Oral supplements of vitamin E can also be administered to deal with age related dryness of the skin.
- IsVitamin E good for dry skin caused due to sun burns? Certainly, yes. The application of creams rich in Vitamin E 20 minutes prior to sun exposure, can protect the skin from sun burns and associated dryness. The UV radiations of the sun can wreak havoc on the skin complexion, post prolonged exposure. Applying Vitamin E compounds will not only protect it but would also help in improving the complexion of the skin by keeping it hydrated and soft.
- Vitamin E is also considered effective in treating dry skin as it prevents transepidermal moisture loss from the skin. This in turn helps in strengthening the barrier function of the skin.
Although vitamin E compounds are known to be exceptionally good for all skin types, it is always better seek professional advice before resorting to skincare products.
Read more articles on Dry Skin Treatment