It is important to be fit during pregnancy because of the simple reason that it directly affects the health of your baby. In fact if you have not paid any heed to fitness by now, there cannot be a bigger reason than being pregnant to start taking care of yourself. For this, you need to ensure adequate diet along with proper exercises.
Some of the important reasons that make fitness very important during pregnancy are:
- It helps to reduce various discomforts complained about during pregnancy.
- Make the muscles that get strained during labour and delivery strong to ensure normal delivery.
- Lessen the impact of complications such as loose skin and stretch marks post delivery.
- Fighting tiredness during pregnancy becomes easier with exercise. It may sound odd but being active can help you feel less fatigued than staying inert for most of the day after conceiving.
- It is important that you get sound sleep during pregnancy. Pregnant women who exercise before sleeping report that they have had a more restful sleep. Getting good sleep has a lot of health benefits which are important during pregnancy.
- If you keep your back fit during pregnancy with some specific exercises for the purpose, it would help to relieve the pain. Back pain is very common during pregnancy because of the strain of the growing baby puts a lot of pressure on the back.
- As exercise releases the feel good hormone called endorphin, you can certainly do with more of these during pregnancy.
- If you want to guard against serious complications during pregnancy such as preeclampsia, gestational diabetes.
- If you want to speed up your recovery after delivery, it would be advisable to maintain your fitness during pregnancy. So, if you want to zip up those pre pregnancy jeans quickly after recovering from post pregnancy complications, stay fit some useful pregnancy exercises.
The exercises that you can perform during pregnancy depend on your health and level of activity before being pregnant. For women who are used to strenuous workouts, the same can continue during pregnancy, albeit milder than before. But if you are not the active type, do not take to strenuous exercise now.
Pregnancy brings with it a lot of complications but these are nothing compared to the anticipated joy of having your little one in your lap. But to lessen these problems, you should resort to an ideal diet and workout plan during pregnancy.