Look at yourself and think if you really deserve a bulging tummy. Think how you would look with a flat tummy and rock hard abdomen. Now here is how you get it.
How to reduce tummy
Eating a balanced diet and regular exercise is the safest way to getting a flat tummy. Go in for a diet rich in proteins and minerals, avoid junk food, get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, reduce your sodium intake and see your confidence improve as your tummy gets tighter.
Exercises to reduce tummy
- Strive for a 30 minute workout on alternate days. Indulge in full body exercises like lunges, push-ups, and pull-ups, for one set of 15 repetitions. Don't forget to follow every exercise with one minute of jumping rope. You should be able to burn around 500 to 600 calories per workout to reduce your tummy.
- Crunches and leg raises provide best results for your question about how to reduce tummy at home. Begin by doing three sets of 20 repetitions. You could also do planks; hold your body in a push-up position on your elbows for 30 to 60 seconds.
- To get rid of your love handles, go in for side bends. Do 20 bends on each side.
- Remember, core muscle strength is the key to strengthening the abdominal muscles and losing excess tummy fat quickly.
- Also, do not shy away from weights; they are the best exercise to reduce tummy. You can use weight machines and other gym equipments to help you reduce tummy fat fast. Use the cycle, the twister and the treadmill. All these will help in gaining overall strength along with your tummy.
How to reduce belly fat with dietary modifications
- Avoid junk food at all costs. Products made with white flour (maida) are a strict no. For instance, in white bread all fibre has been removed. Increase your fibre intake by consuming more whole grain products. Avoiding chips and cookies is the key to reduce belly.
- Little changes in your diet can go a long way in determining your waistline. For instance, switch whole milk for skimmed milk. Low fat dairy products are also a great source of protein. Swap your ice cream sodas for lime water and butter milk.
- Instead of three heavy meals, take six small meals. Eat to satisfy your hunger, not your tongue. Know when you are full.
- Keep a gap of two hours between your last meal and sleeping. Foods eaten close to bed time get stored as fat.
- If you want to reduce stomach, skipping your breakfast is a bad idea. It has been proved by studies that your body’s metabolism gets a jump-start with a balanced breakfast. In fact, not just the mornings, breakfast keeps your metabolism going for the whole day. When you skip meals, your body’s metabolism slows down which forces the body to break down muscle tissues for energy and conserve fat.
- You can minimize your water retention by avoiding sodium intake i.e. your salt intake. For flavour, use other herbs and spices.
How to reduce belly fat with lifestyle modifications
Your lifestyle often determines your health. It is therefore important to inculcate healthy habits.
- Ask us how to reduce tummy and we will tell you that proper sleep goes a long way in ensuring that your waistline stays under check. People, who are sleep deprived, feel dull all the time and tend to overeat. It is important to take your 7 to 8 hours of sleep for optimal weight management. This is not useful just for temporary weight loss but supports weight issues in the long run too. People who have a full night’s sleep tend to feel less hungry through the day. To sleep properly at night, studies recommend switching off your electronic gadgets an hour before going to bed. Also, do not smoke and do not drink the night away.
- Stress is a big culprit in causing fat to collect around your tummy and makes it difficult to reduce belly fat. When you take too much stress, your body secretes hormone cortisol which leads of fat build-up. This fat build-up happens around the organs in the abdominal cavity. Staying stress-free has a big role to play in keeping our hormones normal and reducing tummy fat quickly. Try stress-busting activities like meditation, bubble bath, or listening to music.
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle is one of the biggest reasons of fat build up in the middle body area. Avoid sitting at one place for the long duration. If you are in a desk job, take short breaks for coffee, go for a walk after lunch, go to the water dispenser yourself to fill your water bottle, try and work while standing whenever you can. Try walking to the nearest bus station home instead of taking a conveyance or ditch your bike and walk to the grocery shop every day to reduce your tummy.
- Snack healthy, instead of cheese sticks, munch on walnuts and almonds.
- Most people are very enthusiastic when they begin a new exercise your diet routine but lose interest when midway. The idea is to inculcate these practices as a way of life.
How to reduce fat around your stomach with home remedies
There are some Ayurveda tips to drop the fat deposits around your belly.
- Starting your day with lemon juice is one of the best ways to lose that tummy fat. Squeeze a lime into a glass of warm water and add a pinch of salt to it. Drinking this beverage regularly every morning will not only eliminate your paunch but also boost your metabolism.
- Replace your white rice with wheat products, Brown rice, brown bread, whole grains, oats, and quinoa are very good dietary alternatives.
- When you want to lose fat from your midsection, you should keep your body hydrated. Drink sufficient amounts of water to get rid of your belly fat at home. Drinking water removes toxins from your body, boosting the metabolism and reducing your stomach fat. Herbal tea is another tasty alternative to drinking water. Green tea is rich in catechins. It is a compound that aids fat metabolism in your body. An increased metabolism helps the body to shed fat faster.
- Chewing two or three cloves of garlic every morning and following it with drinking a glass of lemon water doubles up the weight loss process. It also ensures a smooth blood circulation in your body.
- Avoiding red meat is recommended in order to reduce tummy fat. Plus, including a lot of fruits and vegetables in your diet helps the fat loss process. Ingest a bowl of fresh fruits daily every morning and evening to supply your body with various antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
- Using lots of spices like cinnamon, ginger and black pepper in your daily meals help improves your insulin resistance and reduces sugar levels in your blood. They are also loaded with health benefits.
Knowing how to reducing your stomach fat shouldn’t be much of a trouble if you can be regular with exercises and follow and the right kind of diet. Most crash diets and strenuous exercises only leave you exhausted. The above mentioned simple tips to lose tummy fat and get going to find a better you.
Image Source: Getty