Every relationship has to be worked upon in order to maintain love and intimacy. One must understand that great relationships do not just happen; one has to make it work. With the following tips, one can wonderfully turn an almost crumbling relationship into a stronger one:
- To improve the level of intimacy, one must learn to accept and fulfil responsibilities. This can range from daily chores to taking bigger decisions in life. This helps the other partner to believe and trust in the relationship. This, if achieved, becomes a long term investment in sustaining intimacy in a relationship.
- Make your partner feel happy. Occasional showering of compassion and love can be shown in basic gestures such as a hug or a kiss. To work this trick brilliantly, try this when you are in the middle of a fight! This will definitely take your partner by surprise and allow the levels of intimacy to rise. Do this only if the fight is not on a delicate issue which might on the contrry make your partner feel that you’re not taking the situation seriously.
- Don’t be judgemental. This often fills your partner’s mind with feelings of rejection can cause considerable harm to an intimate relationship.
- Explore places, interests and each other’s interests. Try to know your partner’s likes and dislikes. This will also help you spend time together. Try remembering what made you fall in love with your partner the first time, watch movies or browse through photographs to renew the happiness.
- Treat her the way you wish to be treated. There is no straight forward trick to an intimate relationship.
- Rude behaviour is a huge turn off. Being rude or indulging in unnecessary arguments can often lead to unnecessary silences between the two. Before implementing this tip, check yourself because you might be the one frowning all the time!
- Avoid unnecessary complaining and nagging. This might ruin your relationship beyond mend.
- Intimacy usually thrives more during sessions of cuddling or while sharing a joke. Couples caught in their hectic schedules mostly forget on their humorous side.
Apart from that, couples should look for additional help such as counselling if understanding, intimacy and love still lacks in the relationship.
Read more articles on Intimacy in Relationships