Choosing the right hair colour is important as it should suit your appearance. You would be surprised to notice that your appearance will go through a tremendous change when you change the colour of your hair. There are a lot of factors that need to be closely looked at when you are considering picking the right colour for your hair, it is all game of colours. Below are the steps that you should follow in order to choose the hair colour which is right for you.
[Read: How to Colour Hair at Home]
Your Skin Tone
You must select the hair colour in accordance to your skin tone, so here are a few suggestions:
• If you are pink skinned then you should stick to ash tones to neutralize your colouring, and avoid shades of red or golden brown.
• Pale skin tones can use any hair colour as they all seem to suit pretty well.
• For those with an olive skin tone, darker colours would suit them well, and should never go for lighter colours than that of your skin as it may not look good.
• If you are extremely pale then do not go for the very dark hair because it makes you look even paler.
• If you have yellow hues on your skin then you must avoid yellow, gold or orange tones, and should stick to deep reds and cool dark browns.
The Colour of your Clothing
It is also of vital importance for you to know the colours that look best on you, and so consider the following:
• If you happen to look good in red, orange, golden yellow, olive green or rust and happen to have most of your clothes in these colours then you should colour your hair golden blonde, golden brown, strawberry blonde or aubum.
• If red, purple, charcoal grey, periwinkle or teal, you should opt for neutral tones like sandy blonde, beige blonde, chocolate brown and mahogany.
• If bluish red, fuchsia, black, royal blue or pine green then tones such as platinum, ash blonde, ash brown, burgundy and jet black is your colour.
Your Eye Colour
Look carefully to figure your eye colour, and take these into your consideration:
• If your eye colour is brown, green or hazel then red, gold and aubum should suit you best. These particular eye colours have a yellow base.
• Hair colours like light gold or ash are cooler tones and are suited best for people with blue or grey eyes. These eye colors have a blue base as opposed to having a yellow or brown base.
The Right Hair Colour
Finally look out for the right hair colour, look at the following:
[Read: Hair Colour Ideas for Women]
This is a low maintenance colour and reflects well in light and minimizes breakages and tresses. So you are in a win-win situation here.
For the pink skinned people, use this colour if your hair is in good condition, if your hair is in bad condition then you will have a hard time.
This is for those who can afford regular maintenance, as this is the most expensive one to maintain. You will need to give regular touch ups and specific products to make the colour last longer.
You will have to be absolutely certain about using this colour because this is the hardest colour to lift. So, once you get this colour, you will find that it is almost impossible to get back to old colour without actually damaging your hair.
Read more articles on Hair Care
How to choose a shampoo for your hair type? Before you choose your shampoo, you need to find out what type of hair you have.read more
Hair toner for hair color highlights is an important factor and can entirely change the look of your highlights.read more