Blind dates are often full of anxiety. Since you don’t know how your date looks and what his/her approach towards things is, it is hard to plan beforehand. All you can do is have a positive approach towards your so called blind date.
- The very first step is to know your date. Don’t leave everything on chance, instead you must have a small conversation before the actual date. Although this is not a general rule but will surely let you know that whether the person is of your type or not.
- Know that you have known the person you can start conversation accordingly. Keep the conversation to interest of both the parties. For instance, the person may be serious, platonic or humorous. Ask the usual questions and most importantly listen carefully to what the other person speaks. This will help you to give intellectual responses rather than simple ‘okay’ and ‘very nice’.
- An intelligent conversation is a must. You should know when you're exactly boring you're date and must switch topics immediately.
- Positive approach is a must for a blind date. Since both of you are strangers it is important to have positive outlook towards meeting someone new. There are chances that you may find that both of you share common interests. Even if you didn’t land up with a perfect date perfect date you will probably end up gaining experience that will help in your future dates.
- In most of the cases blind dates don’t turn into long-lasting romance but you can even come across your soul mate.
- You may be attracted to the person as soon as you meet him/her. But don’t get carried away by the looks or the physical appearance of the person instead look for more. Experts suggest that relationships that are based only on physical attraction don’t last long. So explore your date’s personality and approach towards life.
- Another blind dating tip is to go with your instinct. If you don’t feel positive about or attracted to the person then don’t force yourself. Don’t worry about feelings of your date. Instead just be honest!
Read more articles on Blind Date.