Homeopathic remedies for pain relief

By  ,  Onlymyhealth editorial team
Feb 04, 2013

Subscribe for daily wellness inspiration

Like onlymyhealth on Facebook!

Homeopathic remedies are effective for all types of functional complaints like, muscle pain, headaches, flu, backache, joint pain etc.


Some of the remedies used for treatment of pain are;

  • Aconite
  • Arnica Montana
  • Causticum
  • Hypericum
  • Gelsemium
  • Rhus Toxicodendron
  • Bryonia
  • Cimicifuga

Your homeopath physician will choose a particular remedy for pain relief after carefully assessing your symptoms (physical, mental and emotional states, and your history) as there is no single drug or single remedy for all the patients. According to homeopathy any illness is caused due to disharmony within your body. And the symptoms are just an expression of this disturbance. Hence the imbalance needs to be treated rather than the symptoms of the disease and the expression of disease vary from patient to patient. As these remedies stimulate your body's own immune system they provide a lasting cure rather than giving temporary relief.


Some people after starting homeopathic treatment can actually experience worsening of symptoms (pain). It may lead you to believe that the problem is getting aggravated and you may also feel like stopping the treatment. But do not stop the medicines as the homeopathic medicine aim to balance the stress factors (the cause of pain) which may initially worsen the symptoms. But in most people the pain improves gradually.



Write a Review Feedback
Is it Helpful Article?YES10907 Views 0 Comment
Post a Comment

Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.