If you use some natural home remedies for treating genital herpes, they can help you to cope better with the disease, bring down the frequency as well as severity of outbreaks. Since the disease is not curable, one can only look to endure the symptoms better while the infection lasts. Moreover, by having specific treatment, you can ensure that it does not occur again.
Natural Home Remedies for Genital Herpes
- Ice packs – Apply ice to the affected area but it is much better if it is applied before any cold sore is visible. Do not apply ice directly. Place it in a towel or thin cloth and then put it directly on the affected area.
- Aloe vera juice – Apply aloe vera juice on the area of infection, and you can also drink the juice along with some fruit juice. Applying on the affected spot would soothe the inflammation and provide relief from pain.
- Vitamin C rich foods – To strengthen the immune system, you should take some vitamin C rich foods. Vitamin C has anti viral and anstiseptic properties which help to prevent the recurrence of the disease. Guava, broccoli, cauliflower, papayas and strawberries are some fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C.
- Linseed oil with lime – Mix linseed oil with lime in equal parts. Apply the mixture directly on the affected area. This is a very good home remedy for herpes.
- Crushed margosa leaves – Crush margosa leaves and extract the juice. Apply the juice on the affected region of the body. You can use the juice of these leaves daily as they are excellent antiseptic, and have the property to kill and destroy bacteria and viruses.
- Manuka honey – In order to speed up healing, you can apply manuka honey, a medicinal honey found in New Zealand. It might be a little sticky, but has very good antibacterial and antiviral properties. Clinical trials have shown that manuka honey has a curative property in healing wounds.
- Tea bags – Black tea leaf has a high concentration of the ingredient called tannis. Its anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties can be put to good use when looking to treat genital herpes. Make tea with a tea bag and allow it to cool down for a few minutes. Apply the cool or slightly warm tea bag to the affected area for five minutes. This should be repeated twice or thrice a day. Start this treatment as soon as any sign of infection is seen.
Read more articles on Genital Herpes Treatment