One can munch healthy snacks for weight loss. This proposition sounds unbelievable as snacks are always presumed to add kilos to the existing body weight. Not just munchies, but fruits or even some raw vegetables are good to counter hunger strike.
[Read: Does not Eating Help you Lose Weight?]
Healthy snacks can be characterised by capability to provide respite from hunger, supplying body with loads of energy and providing much-needed nutritional elements. To begin with, choose a snack that provides energy of 100 calories or less. This criterion can be fulfilled by low energy density options like grapes, carrot and popcorn.
Healthy Snack Ideas for Weight Loss
- Fruits and Vegetables: Consumption of fruits and raw veggies can give you ample energy without any risk of making you fat. Fruits and vegetables will also provide you with vitamins, minerals and fibre.
- Whole Grain Snacks: Whole-grain snacks will power you for withstanding all day, as these are rich in fibre and complex carbohydrates. Low-fat whole-grain crackers and whole-grain crispy breads could be the appropriate ideas for weight loss. Therefore, oat snacks are recommended as healthy snacks against potato processed foods.
[Read: Low-calorie Cooking Tips]
- Nuts and Seeds: Nuts and seeds will keep your hunger away as these provide proteins in plenty. These sources are also rich sources of healthy fat. As monounsaturated fats of nuts could give you loads of calories, their consumptions should be restricted to smaller quantities.
- Low-fat Dairy Products: Protein, vitamins, minerals and calcium can be obtained from dairy products. Skimmed milk should be preferred over high-fat milk products. Therefore, one can include yoghurt, butter and cream in their weight loss program.
- Dry Fruits: A mixed bag of dry fruits that includes cherry, raisins, cashew, almond or walnut fits nicely as a snack to munch in your weight loss program. These fruit snacks will provide you with carbohydrates, protein and fat.
[Read: How to Lose Weight Conveniently]
- Yoghurt and Berries: Blueberries are one of the best fruits for snacking. These can also be mixed with non-fat yoghurt that powers you with substantial energy.
- Protein Shakes: Ample energy and nutritious value are the attributes of protein shake. These will provide you with energy besides rendering weight-loss health benefits.
- Eggs: Eggs are one of the healthiest options, containing protein, all-nine essential amino acids, vitamins D and B12 along with other nutritional elements. As fat content in eggs is considerably less, therefore, it is regarded as preferred option for pumping energy without danger of getting obese.
Read more articles on Weight Loss