Vaginal yeast infection is a common cause of major discomfort in women. Yeast infection in the vagina is caused as a result of over production of yeast or bacteria within the vagina, in addition to those present. This condition may be a result of consuming immuno-suppressant drugs or could also stem from an inner vagina injury as a result of procedures such as chemotherapy. There could be other health conditions which might promote such vaginal infection, leading to intense irritation. These include pregnancy, diabetes mellitus, and consumption of contraceptive medication, use of perfumed vaginal deodorising sprays or douches.
The latest trend in dealing with vaginal yeast infection is by increasing and decreasing the consumption of certain foods, which are known to cure or aggravate the problem respectively. Judicious intake of certain specified food items is the latest prevailing trend in treating vagina infection caused by yeast overgrowth.
Treating Vaginal Infection by Diet Regulation
Some dietary regulations which might prevent aggravation of the condition include the following:
- Specific foods which need to be avoided or taken in minimal quantities are specifically yeasty preparations which include mushrooms, condiments, dry fruits and vinegar.
- The choice of cooking medium for your food is important when you choose to combat vaginal infection through dietary restrictions. It is important to avoid hydrogenated and refined oils or even ones which have been partially hydrogenated for cooking purposes. These are known to aid overgrowth of certain species of yeast. Instead, the preferred cooking oils should be virgin olive oil, cold compressed canola oils as well as flaxseed oil, all of which are unrefined variants and are known to be useful in combating yeast infestations.
- Opt for whole wheat supplements instead of ones made out of refined flour. Buckwheat, quinoa and amaranth are great options for replacing the white flour from your diet. Similarly, over consumption of sugar can also aid in production of yeast. It is better to consume stevia instead. Similarly, one must also avoid simple carbohydrates such as honey, canned juices, and pastries.
- Alcohol could also aid in yeast infection. Therefore, you need to restrict the consumption of beer, wine and especially steer clear of hard alcohol, as it can prove to be especially harmful for such conditions.
- It is better to opt for dairy products which are made from sheep’s or goat’s milk instead of cow’s milk. Cow’s milk products slow down the digestive process of the body which results in the growth of yeast infestations.
Although these are foods to prevent vaginal yeast infection, that have been revealed, well established facts also state that in order to enjoy sustained relief from vaginal infections, the cause of the problem needs to be addressed with high precision right at the outset.
Read more articles on Vaginal Yeast Infection Prevention.