What you eat shows on your skin. Dermatologists all across the world hold dietary patterns responsible for skin related problems. If you are worried whether drinking milk can cause acne or not, read on to find that out.
- Lactobacillus—A strain of bacteria that cause the fermentation of lactic acid and are also responsible for the souring of milk. It is present in food items like yoghurt; can cause skin eruptions especially amongst teenagers. Some forms of cheese and milk can aggravate the situation for you if have a history of acne. To ascertain the allergens in milk, one must try a sample diet for two weeks. In the first week, exclude all the forms of milk products such as butter, yoghurt, cottage cheese, chocolates, cakes and milk. Then map your face. If you see any visible changes or see that no new acne has developed then, you are allergic to milk and milk products.
- Researchers have found out that milk contains androgen hormones which are responsible for acne attacks. Even testosterone has traces of androgen hormones which can trigger acne. Milk when consumed can heighten pore blockages and hormone levels in the body.
- An increased intake of milk will promote oilier skin and make the sebaceous glands hyperactive.
- Milk is a form of protein and many speculate that proteins are bad for acne-affected skin. This is precisely why healthcare practitioners recommend an abstinence from red meat and eggs.
- Milk can never start skin irritations and acne breakouts. It is important to understand that milk and milk products can only intensify acne conditions.
- Adults can also suffer from acne caused due to milk consumption. This happens because after a certain age, most adults turn lactose intolerant which reduces the body’s tolerance towards milk.
- Milk also has the ability to induce inflammation throughout the body. Therefore, milk consumption may be a potential reason for the acne to swell up.
- Milk is rich in hormone dihydrotestosterone, popularly known as DTH. Acne reacts to the DTH content in the body causing the sebaceous glands to become hyperactive.