One can lose weight while dinning out or can continue on his/her weight loss regimen while eating out. Eating out becomes unavoidable, as we cannot refuse near ones every time. While going for it, make sure that eating out never compromise your wellness. There is still a way by which one can eat out and still lose weight. In order to lose weight, one needs to ensure that weight loss regimen is never breached.
1. Restaurant Selection: Foremost aspect is choosing the right restaurant. This restaurant must have wide variety of dishes, snacks and appetisers to choose from. It will be great if food menu of restaurant reflects nutritional value information against each item. Food served must be of best quality.
2. Caloric Intake: In order to stick to your weight loss regimen, you need to adjust intake for that specific day. However, don’t starve yourself. If you have planned on dining out, it is advisable not to go to the restaurant with an empty stomach.
3. Suggest Healthy Eating Options: It will be great if you have made decision to eat specific dish. You can also look up for food menu of the restaurant on the internet to make your decision. Dinning out can hamper your weight loss efforts. Therefore, be prepared to make decision on food option. Make suggestions to the one you are out with. Healthy recipes of fish, poultry, salads, legumes and whole grains are recommended when you are dinning out.
4. Abstain from High Calorie Foods: Eating outside is presumed as consuming large amount of high-calorie foods that increase risk of obesity. So, make sure you are not ignoring weight loss regimen to munch high calorie snacks.
5. Drink loads of Water: In order to zero the effect of soft drinks or alcoholic drinks, one is advised to drink loads of water as a neutraliser. Although, it is advisable to abstain from fresh fruit juices and liquor drinks.
6. Eat Slow: Eating slowly is another benefactor. Slow eating ensures that food is chewed well besides ascertaining that excess calories are not consumed. Among other benefit of eating slow is easy digestion.
7. Deserts: Deserts like fresh fruit salad and lemon pie should be preferred over sugary deserts that are full of fats. Size is also important, therefore, it is advisable to eat less quantity of chocolate cakes and cookies.
8. Enjoy Experience: You need to pay attention to your food and enjoy the experience.
9. Serving Size: Size matters! Don’t get lost in restaurant’s charming ambiance and experience. Serve less and eat slowly.
10. No Guilt Feeling: Even if you eat more, don’t feel disheartened that you have breached meal plan. Ascertain that you enjoy your meals and ensure that this is never repeated.
Read more articles on Weight Loss
Though all possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; Onlymyhealth assumes no liability for the same. Using any information of this website is at the viewers’ risk. Please be informed that we are not responsible for advice/tips given by any third party in form of comments on article pages . If you have or suspect having any medical condition, kindly contact your professional health care provider.